With the three main pillar of “sustainability," “wisdom” and “creativeness,” College of Planning and Design is not only accurately capturing the issues of energy conservation, carbon reduction, ecological environment, economic transformation, social justice, etc. that are of common concern to the world today, but also effectively responds to the NCKU principal's appeal for the idea of governing the university, and continues the long-term goals of each department member. A long history, complete courses, a complete lineup of teachers, excellent student quality, team sprirt, hard work, and open-minded learning are the characteristics of the college and the guarantee of competitiveness. In this ever-changing external environment full of challenges and opportunities, the College can continue to move forward in the following directions:
1. Deepen the international inter-university network: Strengthen the substantial academic exchange activities with well-known universities in Europe, the United States, Japan, South Korea, Singapore, Hong Kong, China and other places, including distance teaching, exchange students, and double degree program.
2. Actively participate in international academic social networks: Invite well-known foreign professors to lecture in Taiwan, strive to host international academic seminars, and strengthen academic exchanges and topics on remote collaborative design exhibitions and teaching, digital collections, disaster prevention and health geographic information applications, etc..
3. Improving language ability: Continue to promote the examination of English and other foreign language skills of master and doctoral students, and encourage the establishment of courses taught in English.
R & D:
1. Strengthen the integration with the national projects: The disaster prevention plan and the digital archives plan could increase the participation of colleagues on different scales, such as land, towns, buildings, equipment, and utensils.
2. Increasing the training of scientific philosophy: Understanding the relationship between science, humanities, arts and religion, building the inner strength of researchers, and helping to carry out research and development work.
3. Reinforcement highlights: Earthquake engineering, environmental control, healthy cities, smart living technology, preservation of historical sites, etc., which also formed the characteristics of the College should be continued to develop.
4. Encourage inter-industry integration: Although there are sub-disciplines in the field of knowledge, inter-industry integration in practice is required. This is also the most important source of "innovation." Through cross-domain discussions and brainstorming, let the spark of imagination burst freely.
1. Promote inter-college programs: Inter-departmental curriculum integration has begun to be taken seriously; however, in order to respond to technological integration and effectively integrate knowledge in planning and design, humanities and arts, engineering manufacturing, business management and other fields, cross-college and even cross-university programs should be executed.
2. Encourage internships abroad: At present, most of the international academic exchanges are mostly domestic research which be published abroad. Off-site research and foreign on-the-spot internships are relatively rare. It should be gradually increased under the permission of the funds, which could increase the range of the knowledge and experience for teachers and students, and reflect on the challenges Taiwan is facing, as well as its unconscious strengths.
3. Strengthen the teacher team: Innovative design and experience could not be separated. However, many experienced or outstanding masters do not necessarily have higher education. We should make good use of the system of professional teachers and recruit excellent design talents. let their experience become our advantage. On the other hand,to expand the number of teachers and maintain human resource flexibility by serving as part-time teachers and project teachers.
1. The directors of each exhibition are flexible and diverse: Each person can play a different role, teaching and research, each with its own advantages. The evaluation of renewal and promotion cannot adopt a single standard, but should be flexible and diversified. Emphasize communication and explanation beforehand, and reduce appeals afterwards.
2. Diversified Masterpieces: In addition to traditional journal articles and creative works that are becoming more familiar to teachers in the design field, we can also encourage special books (non-textbooks) under the National Science and Technology Council system to pass anonymous review. Procedures to ensure the quality of the work as a basis for upgrading.
3. Provide campus design opportunities: Before the Ministry of Education has agreed to open a full-time teacher, combined with campus planning and general affairs procedures, it provides creative opportunities and helps teaching aptitude.
4. Assisting new teachers: In addition to providing necessary software and hardware equipment support, and encouraging senior professors who are willing to serve as “mentors,” imparting teaching and research experience and thought, and providing individual assistance to new teachers, and then cooperate and research together to form a teaching research team.
1. Combined with the overall building power of the community: Over the past 15 years, the CCA has promoted the overall building of the community. It has cultivated a solid grass-roots force, which has not only become the best social security flap after the 921 earthquake and economic downturn, but also builds a safe, healthy, community strength with local characteristic industries. In particular, Tainan is an ancient cultural capital. How to integrate traditional wisdom and innovative technology to create a brand through marketing is worthy of our continued efforts.
2. Strengthening the construction-education cooperation relationship with governments at all levels and the industry: Land conservation and planning, administrative district adjustment, local tourism marketing, earthquake-resistant and green buildings, preservation of historical and cultural heritage, and design of life products adapted to the low fertility rate and ageing society, which are public concern issues. On the other hand, the R & D energy of the industrial sector urgently needs to rely on the academic, and industry-academic cooperation is also a direction encouraged by the Ministry of Education, the National Science and Technology Council and the Ministry of Economic Affairs. It is appropriate to seize these opportunities for cooperation in construction and education. On the one hand, they can contribute to their own learning, enrich their knowledge, increase equipment resources, and open up employment opportunities for students.
3. Make good use of alumni network resources: Each department has decades of history and has cultivated many outstanding alumni. They show up in all areas of society, not only have considerable experience, but also see the future and direction for us. Each department of this College should keep in touch with alumni.
The sustainable development of the College depends on the efforts of member departments, as well as all staff, students and assistants. We believe that the rich wisdom comes from the mutual stimulation of each member. As long as you open your mind and let each teacher and student's enthusiasm, interest, and ability be fully utilized, creativity will come naturally. Through participatory communication, we seed consensus among teachers and students, departments, and colleges. If everyone has the same aspirations and cooperates, the future of our College will inevitably be new and bright.